Tile roofs last a long time, they look good, and individual tiles tend to hold up well to stress. If you take good care of your tile roof, it should last a lifetime, but if it wasn't put in with care, or you haven't maintained it properly, then leaks can develop, as well as other problems that need lengthy or difficult or expensive repairs. When this happens, you can attempt repairs yourself, but there are a couple of reasons why you might not want to do this. First off, the materials are costly, and the work is both technical and time-consuming. Second, you have better things to do. While diligent care will help to maintain your roof and prevent the need for some repairs, when you do need to fix a tile roof leak, you need the services of a top-notch tile roof repair contractor like Franklin, TN Tile Roof Repair. We always give you the best service, for a fair price.
What Makes Tile Roofs a Good Choice?
There are a lot of reasons that tile roofs are popular in Franklin, TN. With proper care and attention, your tile roof will continue to protect your home well and make it look beautiful for years and years to come. Here are some of the top reasons to consider a tile roof.
1. They Are Close to Fire-Proof
Unlike wood and asphalt roofs, tile roofs (whether made from terra cotta, concrete, or some other material) are exceptionally fire-resistant; if a blaze breaks out, your roof will hold up far better than many others, preventing compounded problems due to possible structural damage, or collapse, such as might be seen in another, more flammable roofs.
2. They Hold Up Well in the Wet and Cold
Your roof, being made of tile, will be quite strong, and resilient to temperature shifts. Water will bead right up and roll off of it; snow and ice will not harm it as readily as other, lighter materials. Due to their durability, wind and other forms of storm damage are less likely to be a problem.
3. They Look Great
Roofing tiles come in a wide variety of styles, materials, and colors, so your roof is not only a functional structure; it's a fashion accessory for your home. Maybe you want something understated that blends well with the rest of your exterior; maybe you want something that pops out proudly and strikes a contrast with your siding. It's up to you.
4. Tile Roofs are Tough
You can care for most roofs as well as you like; less durable materials simply don't last as long, no matter how they are treated. An asphalt roof will probably need to be replaced every twenty years or so; in contrast, a well-maintained tile roof should last up to eighty years, or even longer..
Disadvantages of Tile Roofs
When tile roof repair or replacement are needed, you will start to encounter some of the disadvantages of tile roofs, as well. None of these things mean that a tile roof is a bad choice, but they are things that you want to consider when choosing a roofing material.
Tile roofs simply cost more to repair, maintain, replace or install. Not only are the tiles more expensive individually, they are also more heavy, which means that they need extra bracing to prevent them from randomly falling or causing the roof as a whole to cave in. These costs add up fast, and when you look at the entire projected lifespan of your roof, you can be sure that the price tag will match the value that you get out of it.
2. Technical Difficulties of Repair Work Because tiles are brittle in addition to their strength, they have a tendency to break in complex ways when subjected to overt pressure, such as someone walking on them. Also, it's not just nails holding them on usually; extracting a tile that needs replacing can be delicate work. For these, and other reasons, you should put your trust in Franklin, TN Tile Roof Repair when you need any kind of tile roof leak repair done; we are the trusted experts for a reason, and we are not happy with our work unless you are happy with our work.
Maintaining Your Tile Roof
Repairs are important, but if you want to save money and stress, good maintenance will go a long way toward making tile roof repair in Franklin, TN a less frequent need. Whether you do these things yourself, or contract Franklin Tile Roof Repair to do them for you, make sure that they get done at least once a year to keep your roof healthy, strong, and looking good.
Repairs, when needed, should be taken care of immediately, but preventing problems from developing in the first place should be the goal of any home or business owner. Below are some of the top tips for keeping your roof protected, so that it can continue to protect you and your property effectively.
1. Trim Nearby Trees Tiles of various materials are less subject to many forms of damage than other roof materials. Blunt force and vegetative incursion, however, are not on the list. This makes trees a hazard to be avoided for the same reasons that other roof types need to do so: the threat of mold and algae spore transference, and the risk of falling/whipping branches causing damage. Make sure that you trim back trees often, and cut or transplant them if this proves insufficient..
2. Spring Inspections Catch damage early, before it spreads, by getting routine inspections from a qualified tile roofing service yearly, and more often if needed. The best time for the yearly inspections is the early spring, just as the snow and ice are melting; this will help to make sure that winter damage is spotted sooner rather than later.
3. Kill Algae and Moss Before They Spread A little soap, a little bleach, and a good bit of water mixed together and run through a power-washer should kill any mold or algae that starts to grow on your roof. Tile roofs are great places for mold and algae to grow, so make sure you keep an eye on any patches that start growing and take care of them fast, before they can spread.
4. Clean Out Your Gutters Gutter maintenance is an important subset of roof maintenance, and cleaning out your gutters when they are clogged can go a long way towards making sure that water drains away from your roof when it is supposed to, rather than collecting and causing damage. Make sure that you get any needed repairs on your gutters performed quickly, before problems accumulate.
How Much Does a Tile Roof Repair in Franklin, TN Cost?
Tile roofs are truly wonderful, but they are also expensive to care for. While we would need to do an inspection to give you an accurate quote on your tile roof repair, expect to pay at least a couple hundred dollars for tile roof repairs, and thousands if you need a full tile roof replacement. Franklin Tile Roof Repair is committed to offering competitive prices for world-class work, so if you want an estimate that is backed by the industry's best, give us a call today.
Where Can I Look For Tile Roofers Near Me?
You have already found some, and we are the best around for one simple reason: commitment to being the best. Franklin, TN Tile Roof Repair acts with integrity, and devotes all of the care and attention that any tile roof repair needs, and it shows. It doesn't matter what kind of job you need done, we will take good care of you. Check out some of the services we offer below!
Concrete roof repair
Spanish tile roof repair
Cracked roof tile repair
Clay tile roof repair
Tile roof restoration
Tile roof leak repair
As you can see, for any job, whether big or small, we are the top tile roof repair service in town, and we aren't satisfied unless you are, so call or click to contract our services today; you won't be sorry.